1. The investigation of materials price variance usually begins in the:
accounts payable department.
first production department.
2. Hollis Industries produces flash drives for computers, which it sells for $20 each. Each flash drive costs $13 of variable costs to make. During April, 1,000 drives were sold. Fixed costs for March were $2 per unit for a total of $1,000 for the month. How much is the contribution margin ratio
3. Which of the following statements is not true
When a companys sales revenue is decreasing, high operating leverage is good because it means that profits will decrease at a slower pace than revenues decrease.
When a companys sales revenue is increasing, high operating leverage is good because it means that profits will increase rapidly.
Companies that have higher fixed costs relative to variable costs have higher operating leverage.
Operating leverage refers to the extent to which a companys net income reacts to a given change in sales.
4. Which of the following will not result in an unfavorable controllable margin difference
Sales under budget; costs under budget
Sales exceeding budget; costs under budget
Sales under budget; costs over budget
Sales exceeding budget; costs over budget
5. Based on the following data, what is the amount of working capital
Long-term liabilities 200,000
Notes payable (short-term)..56,000
Property, plant, and equipment..1,340,000
6. Miller Manufacturings degree of operating leverage is 1.5. Warren Corporations degree of operating leverage is 3. Warrens earnings would go up (or down) by ________ as much as Millers with an equal increase (or decrease) in sales.
7. What is the primary difference between a static budget and a flexible budget
The static budget contains only fixed costs, while the flexible budget contains only variable costs.
The static budget is prepared only for units produced, while a flexible budget reflects the number of units sold.
The static budget is constructed using input from only upper level management, while a flexible budget obtains input from all levels of management.
The static budget is prepared for a single level of activity, while a flexible budget is adjusted for different activity levels.
8. Ben Gordon, Inc. manufactures 2 products, wheels and seats. The company has estimated its overhead in the assembling department to be $660,000. The company produces 300,000 wheels and 600,000 seats each year. Each wheel uses 2 parts, and each seat uses 3 parts. How much of the assembly overhead should be allocated to wheels
9. Financial and managerial accounting are similar in that both:
produce general-purpose reports.
deal with the economic events of an enterprise.
have reports that are prepared quarterly and annually.
have the same primary users.
10. It costs Garner Company $12 of variable and $5 of fixed costs to produce one bathroom scale which normally sells for $35. A foreign wholesaler offers to purchase 3,000 scales at $15 each. Garner would incur special shipping costs of $1 per scale if the order were accepted. Garner has sufficient unused capacity to produce the 3,000 scales. If the special order is accepted, what will be the effect on net income
11. Which one of the following is an example of a period cost
A managers salary for work that is done in the corporate head office.
A box cost associated with computers.
A change in benefits for the union workers who work in the New York plant of a Fortune 1000 manufacturer.
Workers compensation insurance on factory workers wages allocated to the factory.
12. The Mac Company has four plants nationwide that cost $350 million. The current fair value of the plants is $300 million. The plants will be reported as assets at:
13. Are advanced receipts from customers treated as revenue at the time of receipt Why or why not
Yes, the intent of the company is to perform the work and the customer is confident that the services will be completed.
No, the amount of revenue cannot be adequately determined until the company completes the work.
Yes, they are treated as revenue at the time of receipt because the company has access to the cash.
No, revenue cannot be recognized until the work is performed.
14. Which statement is correct
The cash basis of accounting is objective because no one can be certain of the amount of revenue until the cash is received.
As long as management is ethical, there are no problems with using the cash basis of accounting.
As long as a company consistently uses the cash basis of accounting, generally accepted accounting principles allow its use.
The use of the cash basis of accounting violates both the revenue recognition and expense recognition principles.
15. If a plant is operating at full capacity and receives a one-time opportunity to accept an order at a special price below its usual price, then:
the order will likely be accepted.
only variable costs are relevant.
the order will likely be rejected.
fixed costs are not relevant.
16. Kimble Company applies overhead on the basis of machine hours. Given the following data, compute overhead applied and the under- or overapplication of overhead for the period:
Estimated annual overhead cost $1,600,000
Actual annual overhead cost $1,575,000
Estimated machine hours 400,000
Actual machine hours 390,000
$1,560,000 applied and $15,000 underapplied
$1,560,000 applied and $15,000 overapplied
$1,600,000 applied and $15,000 overapplied
$1,575,000 applied and neither under- nor overapplied
17. Scorpion Production Company planned to use 1 yard of plastic per unit budgeted at $81 a yard. However, the plastic actually cost $80 per yard. The company actually made 3,900 units, although it had planned to make only 3,300 4290 units. Total yards used for production were 3,960. How much is the total materials variance
18. Which of the following statements concerning users of accounting information is incorrect
Present creditors are considered external users.
Taxing authorities are considered external users.
Regulatory authorities are considered internal users.
Management is considered an internal user.
19. Top management notices a variation from budget and an investigation of the difference reveals that the department manager could not be expected to have controlled the variation. Which of the following statements is applicable
Department managers should be credited for favorable variances even if they are beyond their control.
Department managers should be held accountable for all variances from budgets for their departments.
Department managers performances should not be evaluated based on actual results to budgeted results.
Department managers should only be held accountable for controllable variances for their departments.
20. Danner Corporation reported net sales of $650,000, $720,000, and $780,000 in the years 2016, 2017, and 2018, respectively. If 2016 is the base year, what percentage do 2018 sales represent of the base
21. La More Company had the following transactions during 2016:
Sales of $9,000 on account
Collected $4,000 for services to be performed in 2017
Paid $3,750 cash in salaries for 2016
Purchased airline tickets for $500 in December for a trip to take place in 2017
What is La Mores 2016 net income using accrual accounting
22. If there are no units in process at the beginning of the period, then:
the units started into production will equal the number of units transferred out.
the company must be using a job order cost system.
the units to be accounted for will equal the units transferred out and the units in process at the end of the period.
only one computation of equivalent units of production will be necessary.
23. Which of the following is not an underlying assumption of CVP analysis
Sales mix is constant.
Beginning inventory is larger than ending inventory.
Cost classifications are reasonably accurate.
Changes in activity are the only factors that affect costs.
24. In performing a vertical analysis, the base for sales revenues on the income statement is:
cost of goods available for sale.
25. Differences between a job order cost system and a process cost system include all of the following except the:
unit cost computations.
flow of costs.
documents used to track costs.
point at which costs are totaled.
26. Henson Company began the year with retained earnings of $380,000. During the year, the company recorded revenues of $500,000, expenses of $380,000, and paid dividends of $40,000. What was Hensons retained earnings at the end of the year
27. At September 1, 2017, Baxter Inc. reported Retained Earnings of $423,000. During the month, Baxter generated revenues of $60,000, incurred expenses of $36,000, purchased equipment for $15,000 and paid dividends of $6,000. What is the balance in Retained Earnings at September 30, 2017
28. An activity-based overhead rate is computed as follows:
estimated overhead divided by actual use of cost drivers.
actual overhead divided by estimated use of cost drivers.
estimated overhead divided by estimated use of cost drivers.
actual overhead divided by actual use of cost drivers.
29. Which is the last step in developing the master budget
Preparing the cash budget
Preparing the cost of goods manufactured budget
Preparing the budgeted balance sheet
Preparing the budgeted income statement
30. The entry to record the acquisition of raw materials on account is:
Manufacturing Overhead Raw Materials Inventory Accounts Payable
Work in Process Inventory Accounts Payable
Raw Materials Inventory Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Raw Materials Inventory
Download all 12 pages for € 25,99Add document to cart
I find myself gaining tons of experience on various subject. The greatest thing that I learnt more things that if you are honest, dedicated and hard worker, then you can touch the skies, and this is the reason I have consistently been helping students to their problems. It is no doubt My tutorials are ORIGINAL materials written by myself.If you are dissatisfied with my work, please let me know. Thanks.
acc 561 final exam guide 2018 com3131 week 1 quiz latest 2018 eco 561 final exam guide (new, 2018) econ 201 principles of macroeconomics quiz 1 answers (2017) finc355 final exam latest 2017 gcu fin 650 gc week 8 exam 3 latest grand canyon ecn 360 final exam keiser com3131 final exam 2018 ops 571 final exam guide 2018 phil 347n final exam st. petersburg college - stat 2023 module 6 quiz strayer fin 535 final exam 1&2 answers 2017