NUR 2407 NCLEX Review.
1. A young adult is being treated for second and third-degree burns over 25% of his body and is now ready for discharge. The nurse evaluates his understanding of discharge instructions relating to wound care and is satisfied that he is prepared for home care when he makes which statement?
a. “I will need to take sponge baths at home to avoid exposing the wounds to unsterile bath water.”
b. “If any healed areas break open I should first cover them with a sterile dressing and then report it.”
c. “I must wear my Jobst elastic garment all day and can only remove it when I’m going to bed.”
d. “I can expect occasional periods of low-grade fever and can take Tylenol every 4 hours.”
2. The recommended daily caloric intake for sedentary older men, active adult women and children is:
a. 2400 calories
b. 1600 calories
c. 2800 calories
d. 2000 calories
3. Ill health, malnutrition, and wasting as a result of chronic disease are all associated with:
a. Surgical asepsis
d. Venous stasis
4. Select all the possible opportunistic infections that adversely affect HIV/AIDS infected patients.
a. Visual losses
b. Kaposi’s sarcoma
c. Wilms’ sarcoma
e. Peripheral neuropathy
f. Toxoplasma gondii
5. What can help reduce a patient’s anxiety and postsurgical pain?
a. Preoperative teaching
b. Preoperative checklist
c. Psychological counseling
d. Preoperative medication
6. Which disease decreases the metabolic rate?
c. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
d. Cardiac failure
7. When caring for an infant during cardiac arrest, which pulse must be palpated to determine cardiac function?
8. An eighty five year old man was admitted for surgery for benign prostatic hypertrophy. Preoperatively he was alert, oriented, cooperative, and knowledgeable about his surgery. Several hours after surgery, the evening nurse found him acutely confused, agitated, and trying to climb over the protective side rails on his bed. The most appropriate nursing intervention that will calm an agitated client is:
a. limit visits by staff.
Download all 23 pages for € 8,99Add document to cart
I know how frustrating it can get with all those assignments mate.
Nursing Being my main profession line, i have essential guides that are A graded, I am a very friendly person so don't hesitate to discuss anything. I will be very happy to assist you. You can buy my documents & Bundles without any Fear, In case my document has not met your expectation,Kindly Message before giving a review, i'll die trying to give you whats necessary.
healthcare - nursing medical imaging physics mn 551 mn 551 advanced pathophysiology mn551 nr 328 final exam 1 test bank nur 2407: pharmacology nursing nursing 1192 exam 1 questions & answers. nursing pn1192 primary care 5e dunphy, nursing misc psychology rasmussen college - nursing prn1192 walden nur6521 final exam latest 2020 More Healthcare ›