Sell your lecture notes and other study documents.
Test yourself and make money with homemade quiz questions.
Offer documents and quizzes together as a bundle and sell more.
Work as a tutor and help students with their studies.
View requests and send a proposal how you can help.
ADL2601 5 Administrative Action
lOMoAR cPSD| 3013804
5 Administrative Action
Administrative Law (University of South Africa)
lOMoAR cPSD| 3013804
STUDY UNIT 5:
- Activity 5.1 (Page 42)
1. - Presidential functions - distinction between executive and constitutional. President of the Republic of
South Africa v South African Rugby Football Union (SARFU) 1999…
2. - Action in terms of original legislation is not administrative action. Fedsure Life Insurance Ltd. v
Greater Johannesburg Transitional Metropolitan Council 1998…
3. - The adoption of an Act by Parliament is not administrative action as it is performing
4. - Minister makes regulations in terms of an Act = administrative action (regulations constitute
5. - Judicial functions are not administrative action. 6. - Public official refusing application is administrative action. 7. - Person appeals application is administrative action.
5.1 THE NEED TO ESTABLISH WHETHER ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IS INVOLVED:
1. - The application of the s 33 (The right to just administrative action) depends on;
Administrative action performed by;
Organ of State
Person exercising public power
Person performing public function
in terms of legislation
2. - List of exclusions to what constitutes administrative action.
5.2 THE BROAD DEFINITION OF ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION:
5.2.1 A broad description:
- Any decision of an organ of state (of administrative nature), made in terms of the prescription of
the empowering laws and/or,
- Any decision of private persons when they exercise public power or perform public functions in terms of
- The Constitutional Court approach the meaning of administrative action negatively (provided a list
- President of the Republic of South Africa v SARFU
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association of South Africa ex parte President of the Republic of South
- Above cases help determine whether action qualifies as administrative action.
Download all 8 pages for € 5,99
956 documents uploaded
25 documents sold
Help in all Courses Dq's,Assignments and MCQS,Midterm & Final Exams(Expert in Commerce field )
Experience: 10 Years in online teaching field.
Do you make summaries or do you have any completed assignments? Upload your documents to Knoowy and earn money.
Upon registration you agree to our privacy statement and terms and conditions .
At Knoowy you buy and sell the best studies documents directly from students. Upload at least one item, please help other students and get € 2.50 credit.