ATI Capstone Pediatrics Q&A 2022
1. a nurse is reviewing the history and physicality of an adolescent client who has conduct disorder. what is an expected finding?
2. a nurse is planning care for a 6yr old child who has bacterial meningitis, what nursing intervention is unnecessary in the pt's plan of care?
3. a nurse is teaching the parents of a child who has ADHD about methylphenidate. which of the following statements should the nurse include in the teaching?
4. a nurse is caring for a 6 month old pt who has sudden abdominal pain, vomiting, distended abdomen and red current jelly like stools. the nurse should know that these are signs of what
5. a nurse is preparing to perform an abdominal assessment on a child. identify the sequence the nurse should follow (move the steps into the box on the right, placing them in the selected order of performance. use all the steps)
6. a nurse is caring for a 4 year old child who has a new diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and is distressed after an insulin injection. which of the following play activities should the nurse recognize is therapeutic in helping the child deal with the injection?
7. a nurse is providing anticipatory guidance about child development to the parents of a preschooler. which of the following developmental tasks should the nurse include as being expected of a preschooler?
8. a nurse is providing care to a child who has an allergy to eggs, the nurse should question a prescription for which of the following immunizations?
9. a nurse is caring for a 10 month old infant who is in a cast for developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH). which of the following strategies should the nurse implement to promote the infant's growth and development
10. a nurse is caring for a 6month old infant following surgery. which of the following should the nurse use to measure pain in this client
11. a nurse is assisting with the admission of a child who has measles. which of the isolation precautions should the nurse initiate
12. which of the following is the priority intervention a nurse should take when caring for a child who just experienced a febrile seizure
13. a nurse is planning care for a 10yr old child who will be hospitalized for an extended period of time. what actions should the nurse include in the plan of care to meet the pt's psychosocial needs according to Erikson?
14. a nurse is caring for a pt who was admitted with suspected rheumatic fever. the provider prescribes an anti-streptolysin O titer (ASO), the parent asks the nurse the purpose of the test
15. a nurse is caring for an infant following a cleft lip and palate repair. what actions should the nurse take in the post-op period
16. a nurse is providing dietary education to the mother of an infant, what recommendations regarding the introduction of solid food to the infant's diet should the nurse make
17. a nurse is caring for an infant who has a congenital heart defect, which defect is associated with increased pulmonary blood flow
18. a nurse is providing health promotion teaching to the parents of a toddler, what information should the nurse include in the teaching (SATA)
19. a nurse is admitting a toddler who has RSV, what action should the nurse take
20. a nurse is teaching the parents of a toddler about temper tantrums, what statements should the nurse include in the teaching
21. a nurse is planning care for a child who has cystic fibrosis and a prescription to receive CPT, what action should the nurse plan to take
22. a nurse is monitoring a child for manifestations of hemorrhage following a tonsillectomy, what finding is a manifestation of this postop complication
23. a nurse is creating a plan of care for a pt who has sickle cell anemia , what interventions should the nurse include in the plan
24. a nurse is teaching a newly licensed nurse about reporting suspected child abuse, what statements indicate an understanding
Download all 8 pages for € 10,99Add document to cart
aim of allowing students to find all necessary study materials easily in a single place, University college & high school course notes
Quality Work, guaranteeing you success in your studies,
Do not hesitate to text me, my Materials are very essential, worked on them thoroughly.