ATI MENTAL HEALTH PROCTORED EXAM 2021 - STUDY GUIDE
1.A nurse is caring for a client who has major depressive disorder. After discussing the treatment with his partner. The client verbally agrees to electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) but will not sign the consent form. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
• Inform the client about the risks of refusing ECT
• Cancel the scheduled ECT procedure
• Request that the client’s partner sign the consent form
• Proceed with preparation for ECT based on implied consent
2. A nurse is caring for a client who recently experienced the unexpected death of his child.
Which of the following actions should the nurse take first?
• Request a prescription for alprazolam for the client
• Initiate a referral for the client to receive individual counseling
• Asking the client if he is thinking about self-harm
• Identify the client ‘s support system.
3.A nurse is interviewing a client who reports ongoing feelings of depression after the death of
his siblings 9 months ago. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
• Explain to the client that the duration of grief is highly variable and can last for years.
• Encourage the client to avoid discussing the events surroundings the siblings’ death
• Recommend that the client participate in more solitary activities
• Caution the client against angry at the sibling
Download all 13 pages for € 1,99Add document to cart