RN ADULT MEDICAL SURGICAL 2019
134 CORRECT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. A nurse is assessing a client who has a diagnosis on colon cancer which of the following should the nurse expect?
b. Elevated hemoglobin c. Hematochezia
d. Weight gain
2. A nurse is assessing a client admitted with peripheral vascular disease. Which of the following findings indicates a venous vascular disorder?
a. An ulcer at the tip of a toe
b. Hair loss distal to the client’s calves
c. Leg pain at rest
d. Edema of the ankle
3. A nurse is assessing a client who has pericarditis. In which of the following areas of the client’s chest should the nurse place the stethoscope to best hear a pericardial friction rub? (select HOT spot)
4. A nurse is caring for a client who has a chest tube. The client asks why the fluid in the water-seal chamber rises and falls. Which of the following statements should the nurse make?
a. “This means your lung is fully expanded “
b. “This indicates a possible leak”
c. “Suction pressure that is too high causes this” d. “Your breathing pattern causes this” – page 111
5. A community health nurse is reviewing home care instructions with an older adult client who has a new diagnosis of heart failure. Which of the following is the priority topic for the nurse to review with the client?
a. Daily sodium restriction
b. Daily exercise routine
Download all 204 pages for € 10,99Add document to cart