PN COMPREHENSIVE PRACTICE 2020 A
100 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. A nurse is reinforcing teaching with a client who is to self-administer epoetin alfa. Which of the following instructions should the nurse include?
-Administer the medication subcutaneously.
2. A nurse enters the room of an adolescent client and finds them on the floor experiencing a tonic-clonic seizure. Which of the following actions should the nurse take when the seizure subsides?
-Keep the client in a side-lying position.
3. A nurse is caring for a client who is in the final stages of cancer. Which of the following client situations should the nurse identify as an ethical dilemma?
-The client asks the nurse to help them die peacefully in their sleep
4. A nurse is caring for a client who has a phobia of elevators. Which of the following should the nurse recognize as an indication of a positive client response to systematic desensitization?
-The client remains relaxed when thinking of the phobia.
5. A nurse is checking the reflexes of a newborn. Which of the following techniques should the nurse use to elicit the Babinski reflex?
-Stroke the sole of the newborn's foot upward and toward the great toe.
6. A nurse is reviewing the laboratory report of a client who is 2 days postoperative following thoracic surgery. Which of the following laboratory results should the nurse report to the provider?
7. A nurse in an urgent care clinic is completing a client examination. After listening to the client's lungs, which of the following adventitious sounds should the nurse document?
Download all 12 pages for € 8,99Add document to cart