NUTRITION PROCTORED EXAM
70 CORRECT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. A nurse is providing dietary teaching to a client who has a new diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Which of the following foods or beverages should the nurse recommended to minimize heartburn?
• Orange juice
• Decaffeinated coffee
2. A nurse is preparing g to teach a group of clients about vitamins and minerals. The nurse should include in the teaching that which of the following minerals is necessary for the transmission of nerve impulses?
3. A nurse is caring for a client who has a body mass index (BMI) of 30. Four weeks after nutritional counseling, which of the following evaluation findings indicates the plan of care was followed?
• BMI of 25
• Weight gain of 1.8kg
• BMI of 33
• Weight loss of 2.7kg
4. A nurse is caring for a client who follows the dietary laws of Orthodox Judaism. Which of the following meal choices should the nurse request for the client?
• Turkey and cheese sandwich
• Spaghetti with tomato sauce
• Pork chop and applesauce
• Scrambled eggs and bacon
5. A nurse is a long-term care facility is developing strategies to promote increased food intake for an older adult client. Which of the following interventions should the nurse implement?
• Offer sugar substitutes to increase the client’s appetite.
• Provide opportunities to eat three large meals per day.
• Provide entertainment while the client is eating.
• Offer finger foods at mealtime.
Download all 10 pages for € 8,99Add document to cart