1. A nurse is teaching a client who has multiple allergies about using an epinephrine autoinjector. Which of the following instructions should the nurse include?
Aspirate prior to administration of the medication
Avoid massaging the site after injection
Administer the medication through clothing if necessary
Inject the medication into the abdomen
2. A nurse is preparing to administer medications to a client and discovers a medication .
The nurse should recognize that which of the following staff members is responsible for
completing an incident report?
The quality improvement committee
The nurse who identifies the error
The nurse who caused the error
The charge nurse
3. A nurse is preparing to administer propranolol to a client. which of the following should
the nurse assess prior to administering this medication?
4. A nurse is caring for a client who has heart failure and is taking hydrochlorothiazide.
The nurse should monitor the client for which of the following manifestations as an adverse
effect of the medication?
5. A nurse is reviewing the laboratory results of a client who has rheumatoid arthritis and a
prescription for cyclosporine. Which of the following laboratory values to the provider?
Potassium 4.2 mEq/L
Creatinine 2.5mg /dl
BUN 18mg /dl
Sodium 139 mEq/L
6. A nurse is preparing to administer medications to a group of clients. Which of the
following prescriptions should the nurse clarify with the provider before administering?
Tetracycline 1g orally every 6hr
Warfarin 100 units subcutaneously daily
Penicillin G 5,000.000 units intramuscularly every 4hr
Zoledronate 5 mg intravenously x 1 dose
7. A nurse is reviewing the laboratory report of a client who has bipolar prior to the
administration of lithium carbonate. The client's lithium level is 2.6 mEq/L. Which of the
following actions should the nurse take?
Implement fluid restrictions
Request a dosage increase from the provider
Assist the client to a left lateral position
Prepare the client for hemodialysis
Download all 13 pages for € 20,99Add document to cart
One-Stop-Shop For The Latest Proctored Exams, ATI, HESI, NCLEX, TEAS, OCR, AQA, I-Human, Test Banks, Essays, Lecture Notes, Books, Study Guides, & Other Academic Prerequisites On Any Subject.
Get the best study guides with verified solutions. I only offer the best documents with an approval rate exceeding 95%.