1. Patient identifiers
-Medical record number
-home telephone number
2. What lab values should a nurse monitor for a patient with chronic renal failure?
☐ Hematuria, proteinuria, and alterations in specific gravity
☐ Serum creatinine
- Gradual increase of 1 to 2 mg/dL per every 24 to 48 hr for acute renal
- Gradual increase over months to years for chronic renal failure (CRF)
exceeding 4 mg/dL
■ Blood urea nitrogen (BUN)
- 80 to 100 mg/dL within 1 week with ARF
- Gradual increase with elevated serum creatinine over months to years for
- 180-200 mg/dL with (CRF)
■ Serum electrolytes
- Decreased sodium (dilutional) and calcium, increased potassium,
phosphorus, and magnesium
■ Complete blood count (CBC)
- Decreased hemoglobin
3. What food should you increase when taking Lasix?
-increased amounts of potassium-rich foods (e.g., bananas, prunes, raisins, and
4. Patient reports IV discomfort, what is your first action?
color and temperature
5. Sumatriptan (treats migraine headaches) adverse effect
pain, tightness, pressure, or heaviness in the chest, throat, neck, and/or jaw
slow or difficult speech
6. Know about Transdermal patch
-• Apply at the same time once each day,
preferably in the morning. Keep patch on
for 12 to 14 hr each day.
• Remove the patch at night to reduce
the risk of developing tolerance to
nitroglycerin. Be medication-free a
minimum of 10 to 12 hr each day (usually
• Do not cut patches to ensure appropriate
• Place the patch on a hairless area of skin
(chest, back, or abdomen) and rotate sites
to prevent skin irritation.
• Wash skin with soap and water and dry
thoroughly before applying new patch.
7. What to understand about Parkinson's Meds?
-they don't cure disease, they slow the process.
Download all 59 pages for € 20,99Add document to cart
One-Stop-Shop For The Latest Proctored Exams, ATI, HESI, NCLEX, TEAS, OCR, AQA, I-Human, Test Banks, Essays, Lecture Notes, Books, Study Guides, & Other Academic Prerequisites On Any Subject.
Get the best study guides with verified solutions. I only offer the best documents with an approval rate exceeding 95%.