- The stopping of a flow of blood
- Coagulation is hemostasis that occurs because of the physiologic clotting of blood
- Thrombus: Blood clot (stationary)
- Embolus: thrombus that moves through blood vessels.
- The Liver is responsible for the clotting cascade.
o The liver activates prothrombin, then it turns into a thrombin, which then turn into fibrinogen and then becomes fibrin which forms a mesh that attracts the platelets and stop the bleeding.
- Initiates the breakdown of clots and serves to balance the clotting process
o mechanism by which formed thrombi are lysed (destroyed) to prevent excessive clot formation and blood vessel blockage
Download all 31 pages for € 13,99Add document to cart